Thursday, December 04, 2008

Just Cowl Me Obsessed

Why haven't I thought of making these before?

They take so much less yarn and time than a scarf. And you can try out one skein of a special yarn without breaking the bank. These bulky neckwarmers are Lion Brand Wool-Ease thick and quick - not so special, but I got it on sale for scarves and then found all these neckwarmer/cowl patterns on ravelry and am in love! These will be Christmas gifts for various people.
I also started a Bainbridge Scarf in some Manos Silk Blend that I've had around - And I splurged and bought a hank of beautiful Jade Sapphire Mongolian Cashmere - my first cashmere - and I'm looking at the Abby cowl pattern from the Fall 08 Knitty as a possible use for it. Saw one knit up on one of the ladies at my LYS (Renaissance Yarns in Kent,WA - beautiful new space in Kent Station for anyone in the area!)It looked so warm and cozy and elegant. Can't wait to finish the Christmas cowls so I can start working with the Cashmere.

No comments: