Monday, March 16, 2009

Breathe in, breathe out...

Too much excitement for my little self today - First there was the cutting of the cord; my Wisteria is finally finished and I was almost weepy on the last few rounds of the sleeve.


So many pregnancy, birth/knitting parallels. Looking forward with so much expectation to that finished project yet when it is handed to you there is some strange sense of loss - the cutting of the cord that sends you flying of onto a new uncertain path - the love for the creation despite its flaws and quirks. I don't know why this pattern enamored me so much, but I am so grateful for wonderful, creative designers who share these gems. The Berocco Ultra Alpaca was great to work with as well and I can't wait until this is all blocked and ready to wear! (And ready to be photographed properly).
And another love - Elann - oh Elann, how I love you. You and your super fast shipping and your fun, fun spring yarn packs that seduced me into buying one in each color - new dreams of all the possible creations!

Wisteria, my winter journey complete and completely loved - On to the bright colors of Spring!

No comments: