Wednesday, November 07, 2007

10:30am and it's quiet in my house?

This is how we've spent the last few days -


This is day two of laying around for 5 year old and 8 year old who are recovering from some sort of stomach bug.
Everyone is fairly quiet and there's not the constant motion and antagonizing - of course I am sad for them that they're sick, but it's kind of a nice break for me from the noise and making sure I'm on top of all the schoolwork stuff.
My 3 year old is the only one doing his normal thing -


It has actually been fun being able to give him a little more attention - reading and doing puzzles and enjoying his 3 year old cuteness.
And I can blog during the day without feeling guilty that I'm not teaching my children. So here are some pictures I just snapped of a couple small finished and in progress projects.

My So Called Scarf
Yarn:Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Stonechat
Needles: Knitpicks Options size 11


I love the colors. (of the scarf and out my window)- And of course the yarn is soooooo delicious to wear around my neck.

Basketweave Baby Blanket
Yarn: Patons Shetland Chunky - Teal
Needles: Knitpicks Options size 10




And here's the back of a Trellis baby cardigan - I'm using Pakucho organic cotton.
I'm enjoying the cabling (w/out a cable needle-yay!) and also enjoying the fact that I have a recipient in mind for this baby item now that my sister is pregnant.

I bought the Pakucho on Elann - and I just couldn't decide which color as they are all so appealing in there subdued earthiness - so of course I bought some in every color.




5 year old is awake now - break's over.

No comments: