Saturday, November 03, 2007

Yay!

A finished sweater in time for fall! I love fall in the Northwest where it is actually cold enough to wear sweaters! This sweater was fairly quick (for me) and is warm and simple and I really like it.

Tilted Duster
Fall 2007 Interweave Knits
Yarn:Valley Yarns Berkshire - Chocolate
7 balls for the XS (my gauge was larger than pattern called for so I knit one size down from my norm)
Needles:Size 10 for body and size 9 for collar ribbing
Started: Sept.1,2007
Finished: Oct.25,2007
(Sorry for the headless pics - REALLY bad hair today)






Like others have said, the collar is a tad high and wide but I don't mind it too much and it certainly keeps the neck warm. The Berkshire is a wool/alpaca blend - pretty soft - only the slightest bit itchy and I think it did a nice job as a sub from the stash (though I so so so wanted to try the Berocco Peruvia) - it's so satisfying to turn out a successful project from stash yarn!
Yay for fall! Yay for stash busting! Yay for Ms. Gaughan and this fun design!

No comments: