Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I'm the Sucker


I want that silk yarn - that oh so expensive 100% spun silk Tilli Tomas yarn - even though I know that Simple Knit Bodice is not going to fit like the one on the fair skinned, ever so slender, dark haired little pretty in the picture because she's wearing a too big sweater all pinned in the back to look drapey yet fitting - I still want that yarn - The Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton Silk would work just fine for so much less money but I can't stop looking at that sheeny, shiny, flowy yet substantial silk - its the dream - the dream of that perfectly drapey yet clingy in all the right places pixie princess on a hill sweater that doesn't exist for moms of three with perfectly drooping boobs and childbirth hips - and still I click on over to the Tilli Tomas and the perfectly fixed picture that cannot be(without modifications) A picture is worth a thousand words - and thousands of dollars in yarn sales.

2 comments:

ninaknits said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh you took the words right out of my mouth (or fingers??)!!! I love, love, LOVE the look and feel of the Tilli!!! Yet my pocketbook and common sense (mother of two here with also droopy body spots) tell me no. The question...which will win? Lust or common sense? Hmmmm...

knitknerd said...

Moms need a little break from common sense once in a while right?
Maybe that's why I'd even entertain this little yarn fantasy - There's no winner for me yet - I'm still hovering here in my
"YARN DECISION 2006" - full story at 11.