Sunday, August 20, 2006

"Toosmalligina"



One panel of my "toosmalligina" ("finished" June 2006) - now 6 balls of nice pink Cotton Classic - my first complete frogging of an almost completed object - I had finished the back, front, joined and done the ribbing and tried it on excitedly to find that I had grossly miscalculated when trying to substitute a slightly thicker yarn for the one in the pattern - my sides were overflowing the lovely lace and no seam on earth would be able to reign them in - I then actually considered wearing it without seaming the sides - confirmation of the seriously delusional state at which I have arrived.

I have since bought some Jaeger Siena which I know should knit up in an appropriate fashion. (See version of "Orangina" knit in black Jaeger Siena atKnitandtonic) I will follow directions the first time. I will follow directions the first time. I will follow directions...

No comments: