Sunday, September 03, 2006

It's Rough Out There



I was up late last night working on a (rough)Rough Draft of SKB - I started with some leftover Plymouth Encore acrylic/wool that I had around then ran out so I got some cheap Red Heart in a fairly close color and kept going - the Encore is OK but the Red heart, well I could hardly move it across the cable of my needles it was so sticky - anyway I persevered and this is what I have -
I'm not going to knit the whole thing in this yarn but I just had to see how the V neck would hang on me and see how the small would fit around my chest.


So as I was knitting late night on my SKB,I hear this little sqeaking sound - at first I thought it was my daughter waking up but then it kept happening and I realized it was outside - there is a designated "protected natural area" behind our backyard - it's one of the reasons we liked this house - it affords a little privacy and beauty in the midst of the Development - but anyway there was rustling in the "natural area" and then snarling and growling and that sad sad sqeak squawk sound of some small animal being eaten - I stood near the window just horrified - more rustling, growling, crunch (bone?) ughhh, rustling as something trotted off, then quiet - I just sat there and my heart was pounding and I felt sick. I guess it's always happening - animals eat animals - but I don't know that I'll be able to enjoy sitting out on the back deck at night anytime soon. I know it was a dog or coyote or something but I couldn't help thinking of Gollum. ARGHHH!! I need to get my hands on some nice quieting yarn to get my mind off of it so I can sleep tonight -and sorry I had to write it down - helps to get it out of my system.
I guess I'm not much of a nature girl.

No comments: