Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mini Knitted Bodice



Here's another "little thing".
I modified the Stitch Diva/Glampyre Simple Knitted Bodice pattern to work for my 4 year old daughter - I had to bribe her with tic tacs to try it on - I started it as the XS size sweater using Dale of Norway Svale for which my gauge was about 6 stitches per inch on size 5 needles- I increased more frequently at the neckline so it wouldn't be so low - slipped the arm stitches off when they were appropriately sized for a little girl sized arms - joined and knit a few rows then decreased 13 or 14 stitches and did the lace panel without going to smaller needles - knit for longer after the lace - until I thought it looked right.
It's so much fun to knit these top down things.

Anyway, my Knitpicks order is not here yet - Andean silk in Sangria for the SKB and some Shine worsted for something else but I don't know what - hopefully I won't be too burned out after I finish the Mini Sleeves - I can't wait to start knitting my BIG Knitted Bodice.

No comments: